Sunday, April 1, 2007

100 Things about me! (Well - the first 50 anyway!)

1. I am older than I look.
2. I have 3 children - 22, 19 and 5 - yes, the last one was NOT planned!
3. I have been married for 25 years!
4. I have lived in NY my whole life.
5. I have lived in 6 different counties from Northern NY, to Central NY to Western NY, but never in Eastern NY, where everyone assumes we all live because NY City is there!
6. I will always be a teacher at heart.
7. I love my job, even though I am now considered an Administrator!
8. I have a miniature Dachshund.
9. I am a certified Secondary Mathematics teacher.
10. I am a certified Microsoft instructor.
11. I am a certified Palm™ education instructor.
12. I am a NASCAR junkie!
13. I am an avid reader.
14. I am a techno-geek!
15. My whole family spends Easter week together in the Outer Banks of NC.
16. I would love to live in the Carolinas!
17. I always use my vacation days, but never use my sick time!
18. I have a tendency to get so wrapped up in my work that I forget to eat.
19. For my daughter’s 21st birthday I published a book of her pictures from the summer she spent in Ireland – printed one copy just for her!
20. The only foreign country I have ever been to is Canada, becuase it's only an hour away!
21. My sister owns a Curves for Women and I need to exercise more!
22. I would love to own my business!
23. My husband’s plant is closing and I am anxious and excited about where we will be in the near future.
24. I love the outdoors.
25. I love to swim.
26. I love to spend time in my gardens.
27. I love the smell after a spring rain.
28. I am beginning to hate snow.
29. My current favorite author is Gregory Maguire. His children’s stories are wonderful and the more mature versions of some children’s classics make my imagination work overtime!
30. I do not drink soda (or pop as they say here in Western NY).
31. I do like beer.
32. I am a red wine snob.
33. My favorite foods are seafood, steak and pizza!
34. My favorite color is blue.
35. I have green eyes.
36. Everyone else in my family has blue eyes.
37. My home is a little messy, but always clean!
38. I love to cook.
39. My stress relief is baking!
40. My mother is my hero!
41. I am so proud of my oldest daughter – she is graduating in May with her degree in Elementary, Special Education and will be going to grad school for Deaf Education Studies in the Fall.
42. I am also very proud of my son, he is great working with his hands and has a wonderful work ethic. (Admittedly, I was disappointed that he didn’t want to go to college!)
43. I am both happy and sad that my son has moved out to his own place.
44. I will have a child in school for another 12 years!
45. I think I need to start coloring my hair, the gray ones are starting to multiply!
46. I would love to be able decorate my home in the Arts and Crafts style that fits the period in which it was built.
47. My husband and I take vacations together and apart every year.
48. I love to create things, sewing, crafts, plant boxes, jewelry, etc. and give them away to my friends and family.
49. I never have enough time in a day.
50. I sleep about 6 hours each night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Martha,
Welcome back from the Outer Banks!

My hubby and I looked into buying a Curves but there's already one in every small town in Ga now :-)

I'm impressed with your dolphin photo! That looks like fun.