Thursday, April 19, 2007

To Speak or Be Silent?

I feel that there is a real need for audio in online courses. Students with visual difficulties or auditory learners could benefit from the audio as well as the visual content.

I think that more faculty would add audio if they realized how easy it can be accomplished. Even though using Odeo Studio is really easy, it proved a to be frustrating task for us at ECC. Our firewall blocks the stream from their servers, we spent a lot of time with our tech people and it just can't be done!

So, I grabbed my MAC laptop and tried it at home - low and behold it is easy!

Here's my thoughts on why more people don't use audio in their online courses:
http://media.odeo.com//files/1/8/3/4045183.mp3

I'm still looking for another FREE product like Odeo that our firewall will allow through - if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me!
Martie

No comments: